How do I sync?
Answer: First, plug in the USB cable to the PC. Then, make sure Android PC Sync is open on the computer. Open the Android PC Sync app & tap on Synchronize there. The sync will update on the device first, then on the PC and finally will finish on the device.Back
How do I choose what account to sync with on the device?
Answer: You can configure Android PC Sync by opening the application, then tapping on Settings. Under Contact Account & Calendar Account, choose the account type you want to sync with.Back
I can’t start the sync on the PC – what’s happening?
Answer: The sync must be started from the device – first plug in the USB cable, then open the Android PC sync on the computer – and finally tap on the device to start the sync.Back
Nothing happens when I press Synchronize in Android PC Sync. What’s wrong?
Answer: If the device doesn’t connect to the computer correctly, the sync won’t run. Try checking these things:
- Double check our Synchronization Steps
- Reboot your device and the computer, then reconnect
- Try a different USB port, or a different USB cable
- If you still do not see the synchronization starting, please see our advanced troubleshooting
The sync looks like it worked – but records from the device did not transfer to Outlook.
Answer: Check the account settings in Android PC sync:
- Confirm what account the records are saved under by opening a record in the Android contact or calendar app. The record should have an icon or show an account name like Phone, My Calendar, or Google/Gmail.
- Open the Android PC Sync app and tap on Settings
- Under Contact Account, what account is selected? The same account your contact or calendar records are saved under must be selected here.
- To resynchronize, open Android PC Sync on the computer and click on Options > Reread Android data.
The sync looks like it worked – but records from Outlook did not transfer to the device.
Answer: Check the display settings in the Android applications:
- Open the Android contacts application > Tap on Menu > Contacts to Display. Make sure All Contacts are set to display
- Open the Android calendar application > Tap on Menu and/or Calendars. Make sure all calendars are set to display.
What is manual mode? Should I use it?
Answer: Android PC Sync works using the MTP mode on your device. If your device is older (example: runs Android OS 2.3) you may not have MTP mode - in this case, you should check “Manual Sync” under Settings.
To sync, follow these directions:
- Please close Android PC Sync
- Connect a USB cable and turn on USB storage
- After the PC sync completes, disconnect the USB cable & reopen Android PC Sync